Sunday, September 14, 2008

More stuff finished

Sept. 12- Here is one of the vanities for the kids' bathroom with the countertop. I am guessing sinks will be put in this coming week.
They finished the railing for the stairs up to the garage attic.
Here are the front posts built and ready for the rock to be put on. Our contractor told us the plan is to start the fireplace first so the floors can be put in and then they will start the posts.
This little dirt pile was made when the guys put in the driveway. Declan and his friend made this tunnel in it when we were showing his friend's parents our house.
Here is what the giraffe paint I mentioned below will eventually look like. It is 2 yellow colors on sponged on the wall and then the brown is actually a stain. The technique is called Amber Aging. This technique will be on the stairs up to the upper level, main entry walls, and the walls in the open areas that will lead to the dining room and living room. The fireplace will have the same rock as the outside of the house with a mantle when it is finished off, hopefully this week.
I am not sure why I took this picture diagonal like this, but here is some of the tile in the master bathroom. He is doing an awesome job and we are very excited about it.
Here is the tile in the master shower with a shelf he made in the wall.
Here is the tiled walls and the floor of the shower. He still have to grout in between, but it is looking really cool.

2 comments:

the mom~ said...

Holy smokes! It's coming along nicely! I love the tile in the master bath and the Amber Aging is incredible, I love that color(s)!

Hallie said...

Are you still on schedule for move in date? Everything is looking great! I can't wait to see the finished product and then scrap in your new room!!